Anthony Joshua has activated his clause for a rematch against Oleksandr Usyk, which will take place in the spring of 2022, says Eddie Hearn.
British heavyweight Joshua lost his IBF, WBA and WBO belts to Usyk by unanimous decision at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last month.
Usyk has already spoken of his desire to return to his native Ukraine for a rematch with Joshua.
“Joshua is training now, and today we officially begin the rematch for the Oleksandr Usyk fight, which we will see early next spring,” Hearn said. DAZN on Saturday.
“So back in the game and looking for him to become a three-time heavyweight champion.”
Joshua looked poised for a unification fight with national rival Tyson Fury earlier this year, before a referee hearing ruled that he had to fight Deontay Wilder again.
His trilogy fight takes place in Las Vegas on Sunday morning.
Speaking after losing his titles to Usyk, Joshua said: “I watched the fight, analyzed my preparations and identified my mistakes. I learned my lesson.
“Don’t worry about me. My spirit is strong!”
Joshua, 31, previously avenged a surprise loss to Andy Ruiz Jr, the British fighter’s only other career loss, with a unanimous points win in Saudi Arabia in December 2019.