Following the announcement of a year of support for the game yesterday, Back 4 BloodThe November 2021 update is now live – and it has made some pretty widespread changes to the title. In addition to introducing dozens of balance changes in the game’s campaign and PvP modes, a number of maps have also been adjusted for balance.
The most important updates are the ones made for the game’s cards – these affect your overall build and affect how the game works for you as you progress into the various undead-filled levels. Here is a quick overview of which cards have been changed and the new effect they have:
- Negative ammunition capacity effects from cards now apply immediately after the card is drawn
- Batter Up – Melee damage adjusted to 40% from 50%
- Brazen – Endurance efficiency adjusted to 20% from 30%
- Breakout – Reduced usage time to 3 seconds from 4 seconds
- Face Your Fears – Adjusted to 2 Temporary Health from 3
- Fresh bandage – now instantly applies its trauma healing effect when spawning into the safe space it is chosen in
- Ignore the pain – now restore health instead of providing temporary health
- Inspirational sacrifice – Heal dropped to 20 over 15 seconds from 25 over 20 seconds
- Mean Drunk – Melee damage adjusted to 60% from 75%
- Meth Head – Endurance efficiency adjusted to 30% from 40%
- Money Grubbers – Now gives 3 bonus copper per. stack (from 5) and a maximum bonus of 75 (from 100)
- Spikey Bits – Melee damage adjusted to 20% from 25%
- True Grit – Heal rose to 10 from 8
Another major fix introduced in the patch concerns the number of special Ridden spawn per mission. Turtle Rock said a mistake caused too many of them to show up and it will continue to look at a particular balance going forward.
Apart from this, if you jump back into the game, you’ll probably see certain Ridden enemy types capable of absorbing a little more punishment than they previously were – Ogre’s critical hit damage is down to 500 from 2000, for example – which means some Meetings can be a little more difficult than they originally were.
In addition, additional characters Doc, Karlee, Hoffman and Jim are now unlocked for players, regardless of whether they have completed the first act – The Devil’s Return. This means that new players will have access to all the characters in the game from the start, and will not force you to play the game through to unlock them in the various multiplayer lobbies.
AI bots have also been improved – there should be fewer cases of friendly tube bomb fire, and the AI is now better equipped to use defibrillators to help you if you crash.
In addition to these headline changes, there are also a host of quality of life updates and bug fixes to boot. You can read the full set of patch notes at the link.
If you’ve still obsessed with cleaning up the Ridden, you might want to check out our Back 4 Blood tips where we talk about unlocking Prepper Stash doors, sharing ammunition, Supply Point farming and trauma healing and more.