Harry Kane to stay with Spurs after Antonio Conte . appointment

The summer transfer window was unlike any other; check out all the big deals and see how we rated the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t keep coming. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.

TOP STORY: Kane stays with Spurs after deal with Conte

Tottenham’s appointment of manager Antonio Contea will be enough to convince the striker Harry Kane to stay with the club for a long time, says The Sun.

Kane, 28, informed Spurs in May of his wish to leave and was linked with a move to Manchester City. However, no club offered the £150 million demanded by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy and while Kane was angry at believing a verbal agreement to let him leave had been broken, the England captain made a U-turn and insisted he would stay “this summer.”

The reading of that statement was very much that Kane would try to move on in 2022 despite his contract expiring in 2024, but now he seems to remain content under Conte’s leadership.

Tottenham are reportedly set to get £150m to sign a number of new players in the coming months and Kane is delighted that Conte was brought in Nuno Espirito Santois being fired. However, the real test of the striker’s loyalty will come in Spurs’ ability to challenge for the Premier League’s top four.

– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– Don’t have ESPN? Get instant access

LIVE BLOG

11.09 GMT: Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer compared new signature Cristiano Ronaldo to Chicago Bulls and NBA legend Michael Jordan.

play

0:32

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer compares Cristiano Ronaldo’s late exploits to Michael Jordan at the Bulls.

10.34 GMT: Jose Mourinho Wants Real Madrid Defender Nacho Fernandez placeholder image to join him at Roma, says Gazzetta dello Sport.

The manager, who took charge of the Serie A club this summer, is reportedly looking to bring in two midfielders, a fullback, a central defender and a forward in the January transfer window after a challenging start to the season with one win in their last five games and an embarrassing 6-1 defeat to Norwegian Bodo/Glimt in the UEFA Conference League.

Mourinho coached Nacho – who was left out by Carlo Ancelotti in recent weeks, with: David Alaba and Eder Militao favorite for him – in Madrid from 2010 to 2013.

10.08 GMT: A delegation from Barcelona has traveled to Qatar to finalize an agreement for the Al Sadd coach Xavi Hernandez to take over at Camp Nou, sources have confirmed to ESPN’s Sam Marsden and Moises Llorens.

Vice President Rafa Yuste and football director Mateu Alemany flew to Doha after Tuesday’s 1-0 Champions League win over Dynamo Kyiv, with sources explaining Barca hopes to announce Xavi as Ronald Koeman’s successor before the end of the week. .

Yuste and Alemany will take on Al Sadd’s top match against Al-Duhail on Wednesday, before talking with the Qatari club about bringing the former Barca midfielder back to LaLiga.

Negotiations with Xavi on personal terms are already underway, but with his contract with Al Sadd still running for two years, the two clubs have yet to reach an agreement.

Xavi, 41, is tasked with breathing life into a struggling Barcelona side. They are winless in three league games and are ninth in the table, although Tuesday’s result in Kiev means they can secure their place in the round of 16 of the Champions League with a win over Benfica on November 23.

09.49 GMT: Villarreal close to signing teenage winger Yeremy Pino towards a new, long-term contract to fend off Real Madrid’s interest, Diario AS reports.

Pino, 19, has become a key member of Unai Emery’s team over the past year, making his first international appearances in Spain’s Nations League matches with Italy and France.

Last month, he made the 20-player shortlist for Tuttosport’s 2021 Golden Boy award for the best European player under 21.

AS claims that Real Madrid “have [Pino] on their agenda and have been following him closely for some time,” but Villarreal and the player have now agreed on a new deal until 2027 with a €80 million surrender clause, which could be made official during the next international match.

08.53 GMT: Tottenham Hotspur is one of several Premier League clubs to keep an eye on the contract situation of the West Bromwich Albion goalkeeper Sam JohnstoneSky reports.

England international Johnstone, 28, is out of contract with The Hawthorns in the summer, and West Brom plans to step up contract talks in the new year.

“From January we will enter into a more intensive discussion, but at the moment we are all focused on the field, on the performance,” said West Brom manager Valerien Ismael. “We know what we have to do to put ourselves in a good position to negotiate with him.

“It’s a patient game now, like a chess game. He wants to see it. We definitely want to expand and at the moment I’m not worried, it’s a normal process.”

Johnstone, who has won three caps for England, has helped West Brom to third in the championship this season ahead of Wednesday’s game against Hull City.

08.00 GMT: Villarreal manager Unai emery have confirmed Newcastle United are interested in appointing him as their new coach, but say the Premier League club has not yet made an official offer.

Emery, 49, admitted Newcastle’s interest following Villarreal’s 2-0 Champions League win over Young Boys on Tuesday, just hours after multiple reports claimed he would replace Steve Bruce at St James’ Park.

“[Newcastle] have expressed interest but there is no offer,” Emery told reporters. “If so, it should be through the club. I am focused on Villarreal and preparing for Sunday’s game against Getafe.”

He refused to close the door on a return to England when asked if he would consider an offer to move to Newcastle if there was an agreement between the two clubs.

“In that hypothesis, I would speak with… [president] Fernando Roig,” he added. “I would show respect for the team and the club. I don’t close or open doors. I didn’t say no to the interest.”

However, Spanish journalist Guillem Balague told the BBC later on Tuesday that former Paris Saint-Germain and Arsenal boss Emery will decline the chance to go to St James’ Park if Newcastle were to make an offer.

play

1:41

Shaka Hislop and Dan Thomas react to Manchester United’s 2-2 draw against Atalanta and wonder if fans should be happy with the club’s performance.

PAPERS GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)

– Manchester United’s Paul pogba would prefer to return to Juventus, according to Gazzetta dello Sport despite interest from both Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid. The 28-year-old midfielder’s contract will expire at the end of the season and as there is no movement regarding new terms at United, it appears that Juve has been given the green light to talk to their former star.

Ousmane Dembele could be set for a U-turn on his proposed departure from Barcelona, ​​Sport writes. Reportedly, the 24-year-old winger wants to remain at the Camp Nou and has informed his agents to resolve his contract situation. And after Dembele was banned from first-team activity due to a new deal stalling, he returned on Tuesday in Barca’s 1-0 Champions League win over Dynamo Kyiv.

– Fulham star Fabio Carvalho has turned down his latest contract offer due to interest from Real Madrid. That is according to the Sun, writing that the 19-year-old attacker has been given a “huge” offer, and is unlikely to get another one with his deal at the end of the season. Carvalho has made six appearances this season and contributed directly to four championship goals.

Nicolo Schira reports that Internazionale plans to Marcelo BrozovicHis contract was signed before Christmas, and the club plans to offer him a four-year extension until 2025 to discourage interest from clubs across Europe. The 28-year-old midfielder’s contract expires at the end of the season and he is one of the players linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur following the appointment of Antonio Conte.

The Telegraph has revealed that Wolverhampton Wanderers is looking for a contract Hwang Hee Chan on a permanent contract. The 25-year-old attacker is currently on loan from RB Leipzig but has quickly settled in with Molineux, with four goals to his name in the Premier League. It is reported that a £14 million fee will be required to ensure his services on a permanent basis.

– Empolis Nedim Bajramic attracts interest from the Bundesliga, according to Nicolo Schira, with clubs considering a possible transfer approach next season. The 22-year-old has won four caps for Albania and has been in impressive form this season, contributing to four goals in 10 appearances, including a standout performance when Empoli defeated Juventus 1-0 in August.

.

Leave a Comment