Michigan State won the highly anticipated top-10 clash with Michigan last week. What now? The Spartans continue in their quest to win the Big Ten title and make it to the College Football Playoff. The next step is a game against Purdue, a team that already has a top-5 win to its name this season.
Who: No. 5 Michigan State (5-0, 8-0) vs. Purdue (3-2, 5-3)
When: 3:36 p.m.
Where: Ross-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, Ind.
Twitter: Follow Matt Wenzel
Live updates: join the MLive talk at 2:30 PM
Last line: Michigan State -3
HOW TO WATCH?
TV network: ABC
Stream only options
Watch & DVR College Football Live | fuboTV: Stream live TV with ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN and top channels without cable. DVR included. Start watching for free. No contract, cancel at any time.
ViewESPN | Hulu + Live TV | Carrying strap | YouTube TV
Major cable providers
Comcast: Channel 3/231(HD) | Stream
Spectrum: Channel 7/782(HD) | Stream
Dish: Channel 53 | Stream
DIRECTV: Channel 53 | Stream
* Channel numbers listed are for Michigan subscribers and may vary by geographic area. Check local listings.
HOW TO LISTEN
Radio Network: Spartan Media Network
Affiliates: WJR-AM 760 Detroit; WJIM-AM 1240/WMMQ-FM 94.9 Lansing; 22 other Michigan-based affiliates listed on MSUSpartans.com
Live streaming: MSUSpartans.com | iPhone app | android app
Satellite: Sirius Ch. 133; XM Ch. 195; SiriusXM.com Ch. 957
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Five must-reads before kick-off:
* Mel Tucker has been known to give nicknames to specific days of the week. Now he is nicknamed November Madness for an entire month. It’s his way of getting his team past the big win over Michigan and into the critical final month of the regular season in a playoff mentality.
* If the season ended today, the state of Michigan would participate in the College Football Playoff, after the Spartans came in at number 3 in the premier league table released this week. Commission chairman Gary Barta noted the Spartans’ “very impressive” victory over Michigan when explaining the rankings.
* After Spartan’s defending side Drew Beesley was driven off the field against Nebraska, he vowed to return to the field in time for the Michigan game: “I told everyone in this building you wouldn’t pay me all the money in the world to miss that game,” Beasley said, returning and now Michigan State has one of its best defensive players back for the stretch run.
* Florida native Charles Brantley first learned of the Michigan-Michigan State game on Saturday and immediately made his mark by recording a game seal interception late in the fourth quarter, something he called a lifelong memory .
* Matt Wenzel describes his weekly five things to watch and makes a prediction.
* Passing: Payton Thorne 131-113, 1890 yards, 15 TD, 6 INT
* Rushing: Kenneth Walker III 175 carries, 1194 yards, 14 TD
* Received: Jayden Reed 33 catches, 642 yards, 5 TD
* Tackles: Xavier Henderson 67
* Pockets: Jacub Panasiuk 5.5
* Interceptions: Charles Brantley, Chester Kimbrough, Cal Haladay, Darius Snow, Angelo Grose, Ronald Williams, Henderson 1
* Passes: Aidan O’Connell 154-217, 1,551 yards, 9 TD, 8 INT
* Rushing: King Doerue 92 carries, 360 meters, 1 TD
* Received: David Bell 53 catches, 786 yards, 4 TD
* Tackles: Jaylan Alexander 58
* Sacks: Kydran Jenkins, George Karlaftis 3
* Interceptions: Cam Allen 4
BIG TEN SCHEDULE (with predictions)
Saturday 6 Nov
Ohio State in Nebraska, noon ET (FOX)
Illinois in Minnesota, noon ET (ESPN2)
Penn State in Maryland, 3:30 p.m. (FS1)
Wisconsin at Rutgers, 3:30 p.m. (BTN)
Michigan State at Purdue, 3:30 p.m. (ABC)
Iowa in the Northwest, 7 p.m. ET (BTN)
Indiana at Michigan, 7:30 PM (FOX)