LEGO and Sega join forces for a New Year’s release of LEGO Ideas’ Sonic the Hedgehog Green Hill Zone set. The construction is a bid for some iconic stage pieces from the speedster’s first outing, complete with a Sonic minifigure and an insidious Dr. Eggman.
You will be able to build this 2D-inspired set early next year that includes modular elements that seem to allow the level to be rearranged or paired with other LEGO sets for fun mashups.
Here is the full list of features as told by LEGO:
- 5 minifigures, including a new version of Sonic and also Crab, Motobug, Dr. Eggman and Phantom Ruby
- 10 ring boxes
- Modular, which can be connected to other architectural sets
- Interactive elements and Easter eggs, such as:
– A technical handle on the spring module to send Sonic and his friends into the air
– Set Dr. Eggman inside the Egg Robot
– Like in the game – get a pearl reward while building the set
– Super speed and shielding TV screens also included
These pearl rewards are colorful Chaos Emeralds that you can collect and store on a special pedestal as you find them.
LEGO fans are designing these LEGO Ideas sets, and this Sonic-themed set was submitted by Viv Granell, described as a LEGO superfan based in the UK. After submission, ideas are voted on by the public, and those who receive a total of 10,000 votes are considered by LEGO to have been released as a real set. Fortunately for Sonic fans and Granell, this character reached the Blue Blues’ 30th anniversary just in time.
This LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog Green Hill Zone set will be available for purchase through LEGO’s website on January 1, 2022 and will cost $ 69.99.
What do you think of this Sonic LEGO set? Does it do Green Hill Zone justice? What other levels would you like to see in brick form? Tell us in the comments!