Square Enix and Eidos-Montréal have unveiled the fully licensed track list for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, which will please any 80s and GTA: Vice City fan.
The soundtrack features 28 certified bangers from the 80s, plus two original songs from “Star-Lord Band”, a fictional rock group from which the game version of Star-Lord takes its name. The full track list can be seen and heard below on various streaming services.
In addition, Eidos-Montréal has also created two music videos for Star-Lord Band, featuring an 80s cartoon-inspired video for the single Zero to Hero, as well as a VHS-style video of Star-Lord Band performing the song on stage. performs.
The soundtrack (which apparently is) almost complete and can therefore contain more tracks) is as follows:
- I’ll Never Give Up on You – Rick Astley
- Kickstart My Heart – Motley Crue
- Turn me loose – Loverboy
- Waiting for a Hero – Bonnie Tyler
- Wake me up before you go – Wham!
- (Fear Not) The Reaper – Blue Oyster Cult
- Turn up the radio – Signature
- Don’t worry, be happy – Bobby McFerrin
- White Wedding – Part 1 – Billy Idol
- Hit me with your best shot – Pat Benatar
- Everyone have fun tonight – Wang Chung
- Rock Rock (Till You Drop) – Def Leppard
- Everyone wants to rule the world – Tears For Fears
- Hangin’ Tough – New Kids On The Block
- Tainted Love – Soft Cell
- I Ran (So Far Away) – A Flock Of Seagulls
- Every 1 is a winner – hot chocolate
- I’ll Tumble 4 Ya – Culture Club
- We won’t take it – Twisted Sister
- I like it loud – KISS
- take it on me – a-ha
- Love Song – Simple Minds
- Call me – Blondie
- Since You’re Gone – Rainbow
- Relax – Frankie goes to Hollywood
- The Warrior – Scandal, Patty Smyth
- We built this city – spaceship
- The last countdown – Europe
- Zero to Hero – Star-Lord Band
- Space Riders Without Names – Star-Lord Band
All 30 of these songs are played in-game, although streamers can disable the licensed music to avoid copyright warnings. If this option is chosen, “Stream safe” alternatives will be played instead.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy will be released on October 26 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch. At the same time, a full album with the soundtrack will also be available.
To learn more about the Guardians, read our full preview, which takes a look at the game’s ambitious team-based combat system. You can also watch a movie that introduces the team’s space dog, Cosmo, and how the developer transitioned to a 4-day workweek.
Matt Purslow is IGN’s British news and entertainment writer.