Mumbai Indians starter Ishan Kishan rose to his fifties by just 16 balls, the fastest in the 2021 IPL season, against Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) in his team’s final league game in Abu Dhabi on Friday. In particular, the 5-time champions must win the game by 171 runs or more to qualify for the playoffs.
Previously, Kishan’s teammate Kieron Pollard had hit fifty this season with 17 balls. The southpaw’s fifty is also the fastest by a Mumbai Indians batsman, the fastest in the UAE in IPL and the third fastest in IPL history. The 23-year-old hit 8 fours and 2 sixes to accomplish the feat.
Previously, Rohit Sharma won the toss and opted to hit first. Kishan hit a six on the first ball of his innings and continued his dominance thereafter.
– Rishobpuant (@rishobpuant) October 8, 2021
– Star Sports (@StarSportsIndia) October 8, 2021
– Bibekananda Sahu (@IamBibeka) October 8, 2021
Ishan Kishan on fire 🔥🔥🔥
– Cricket Edupedia (@cricketedupedia) October 8, 2021
WHAT A PLAYER!
Ishan Kishan broke 4 consecutive fours against Siddharth Kaul in the second over.
– Mufaddal Vohra (@mufaddal_vohra) October 8, 2021
– India Fantasy (@india_fantasy) October 8, 2021
Ishan Kishan just knocked out the fastest 50 this season! It’s hitting them sweetly! #SRHvMI
– Chloe-Amanda Bailey (@ChloeAmandaB) October 8, 2021
It seems Ishan Kishan plans to score 171 * himself.
– Sorabh pants (kyhankypanty) October 8, 2021
Follow us on Facebook here
Stay connected with us on Twitter here
Like and share our Instagram page here