Since the launch of Niantic’s extremely successful Pokemon Go augmented reality game, many others who like it have stepped up to the plate, including some other Niantic AR footage.
The company’s latest AR title, Pikmin Bloom, just launched this week. Today, however, Niantic and Portkey Games have announced it Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, one of the many AR games launched over the years, shuts down on January 31, 2022. Before then, however, Wizards Unite will be removed from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store and Samsung Galaxy Store in December 6. In-app purchases also ends that day.
“When we launched Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, our vision was to allow players to experience the wizarding world right in their real-world surroundings as they stepped outside and explored their neighborhoods,” say Niantic and Portkey’s. blog posts reader. “Over the years, millions of witches and wizards across the globe have embarked on real-world adventures where they have teamed up to keep the magic hidden in the wizarding world as they team up to fight The Unforgiveable.”
As Wizards Unite ends in a few months, Portkey has made some gameplay changes that are now live in the game today:
- All daily awards will have their rewards increased.
- All potion brewing times will be reduced by 50% with Master Notes.
- The daily limit for sending and opening gifts is removed.
- Barrufio’s Brain Elixir potion will now give 3X player XP.
- 1920s Portkey Portmanteaus will appear on the map more often, and associated Fragment rewards will be doubled.
- Spelling energy and ingredients appear more often on the map.
Some events in the game also go live in the final months of Wizards Unites. Here is what to expect:
- Dolores Umbridge deadly opponents event
- The Glorious Event of the Half-Blood Prince Part 1
- Lucius Malfoy deadly opponents event
- The Half-Blood Prince Brilliant’s Event Part 2
- Bellatrix Lethal Adversaires Event
- Horcrux Hunting Part 2
- Voldemort Lethal Opponents Event
- Deathly Hallows Brilliant Event Part 1
- Holiday event
- Deathly Hallows Brilliant Event Part 2
- We share more details about further game changes that will happen during the month of January.
For more on Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, check it out Game Informer’s review of it and then read about how Hogwarts Legacy, the upcoming Warner Bros. The RPG that takes place in the world of Harry Potter was delayed until 2022. Be sure watch the latest Hogwarts Legacy trailer after the.
Did you play Harry Potter: Wizards Unite? Tell us what you thought about it in the comments below!