Posted on October 8, 2021
TThe Pac-12 sees the state of Oregon only in first place in the north for the first time.
OSU may be able to get help from the state of Arizona to keep that place a little longer. The Beavers will also have to help themselves with a win over Washington state, something they haven’t done since 2013.
Utah seeks to accomplish a feat it has not done since 1916, while USC seeks its 27th victory from a division opponent in its last 31.
UCLA is looking to right its boat against the other Copper State team, while Arizona is only looking to get a win for the first time since October 5, 2019.
Stanford Cardinal at Arizona State Sun Devils
ESPN| Jason Benetti, Andre Ware and Paul Carcaterra | Friday, 7:30 pm PT
Series: Stanford leads 20-12 with an 11-6 advantage at Tempe
• Stanford has claimed six of the last seven between the teams.
• Herm Edwards has yet to beat Stanford. He has a win over all other Pac-12 opponents except Washington and the Cardinal.
• The state of Arizona is looking to open the conference 3-0 for the first time since 2012.
• Stanford faces a ranked opponent for the third consecutive week. The last time they faced three ranked opponents in succession in the regular season was in November 2012.
• Stanford is one of only four teams in the nation with at least two wins this season over ranked opponents. The others are Alabama, Georgia, and Arkansas.
• Stanford is 80-7 when leading at halftime with David Shaw. They are 9-27 when they enter the locker room at the bottom of the scoreboard.
• Stanford has beaten at least one Top 20 opponent on the road in eight of 11 seasons under head coach David Shaw.
• Tanner McKee is one of only three quarterbacks nationwide with at least 10 touchdowns and no interceptions.
• Kyu Blu Kelly is fourth in the nation with 1.8 passes defended per game.
• The state of Arizona is averaging 7.23 yards per play, the best Pac-12 mark, the fourth best in the nation.
• Rachaad White is one of four FBS players to lead his team in both rushing attempts and receptions.
• The state of Arizona is getting 3.2 sacks per game, the 16th most in the nation and the most in the Pac-12.
• Arizona’s 1.0 sacks allowed are tied for the fewest in the conference and 12th in the nation.
• ASU has run for 32 TDs in its last eight games, the most of any team in the country.
• Arizona State has rushed for 150 yards or more in 10 consecutive games since 2019. It is the longest streak for ASU since a 12-game streak that covered the end of 1975 and began in 1976.
• The state of Arizona is one of only three teams in the nation that has yet to allow a scrimmage play of 40 yards or more.
• The state of Arizona has not allowed an opponent to throw more than 250 yards in any of its last eight games played.
• Since 2019, Jayden Daniels has thrown for 1,110 yards and 10 TDs in the fourth quarter.
Oregon State Beavers in Washington State Cougars
P12N |Ted Robinson and Yogi Roth| Saturday, 1:00 pm PT
Series: Washington state leads 55-47-3 and is 25-17-2 in Pullman
• The Cougars have beaten the Beavers seven in a row with the last three playing at Pullman.
• The last time Oregon State had a four-game winning streak was in 2013 when they won six in a row.
• The state of Oregon is allowing only 2.8 TFL (tackles for loss) per game, the fourth-fewest in the nation and the fewest of any Pac-12 team.
• This is the first time OSU has been alone in the first place in the north.
• Oregon state’s 1.0 sacks allowed are tied for the fewest in the conference and ranked 12th in the nation.
• Oregon State hasn’t started 3-0 at Pac-12 since 2013.
• BJ Baylor ranks third in the nation with nine rushing touchdowns leading Pac-12.
• Baylor is averaging 134.5 yards rushing per game in conference games this season.
• Washington state quarterbacks are being sacked 3.2 times per game, the most of Pac-12, the 14th most of any team in the country.
• Avery Roberts has posted at least 10 tackles in 11 of 22 career games in a Beaver uniform.
• Jahad Woods has made 357 total tackles in his career, the fourth most of any active player in the nation.
• Washington State has forced 11 retirements in 2021, the most in the first 5 games of a season since 2017 (12).
• Those 11 takeout meals are the second most in the nation to enter this weekend.
• Latest week The Cougars held Cal at 273 total yards, the fewest they have allowed in a game since 2018, when they held San Jose State at 109 in the second week of the year.
• Andrew Edson leads all Pac-12 freshmen with 4 TFLs, tied for ninth among all Pac-12 players.
• Last week, the Cougars allowed just 6 points, the fewest in a conference game since leaving Colorado out in 2017.
Utah Utes in USC Trojans
FOX | Tim Brando and Spencer Tillman | Saturday, 5:00 pm PT
Series: USC holds 13-6 all-time lead with 9-1 home record vs. Utah
• Utah hasn’t won a road game in the series since 1916. USC won the last nine games when it hosted the Utes.
• The Utes have won their last four Pac-12 games, tied with Arizona State for longest active streak.
• USC has opened the season win-free or loss-free in five games for the third time, having also done so in 1994 and 1963.
• Since 2015, USC is 26-4 against Pac-12 South opponents.
• Utah leads the Pac-12 and is seventh in the nation with 8.5 TFL per game.
• Utah has had only two plays this season of more than 40 yards.
• Against Washington State, TJ Pledger had 117 rushing yards, all in the second half, becoming the first Ute since 2013 to have more than 100 rushing yards in a game without a carry in the first half.
• Karene Reid’s 15 tackles against WSU were the most in the Pac-12 this season for a true rookie. It’s also the highest number for a true freshman in Utah since at least 2005.
• Van Fillinger also had three sacks last time, the most in a game by a Utah freshman.
• Utah has returned an interception for a touchdown in 18 seasons.
• USC’s 1.0 sacks allowed are tied for the fewest in the conference and 12th in the nation.
• Drake London is second in the nation with 9.6 receptions per game and 134.0 receiving yards per game.
• USC is allowing 11.7 points per game in its three wins this season, 43.5 points per game in its two losses.
UCLA Bruins at Arizona Wildcats
ESPN | Dave Flemming, Rod Gilmore and Stormy Buoantony | Saturday, 7:30 pm PT
Series: UCLA leads all-time series 26-17-2, Arizona leads 13-10 at Tucson
• The Wildcats won the last two games in Tucson. Arizona is 6-2 against UCLA in the last 8 in the desert.
• UCLA is looking to win three straight road games for the first time since 2015.
• The Bruins have outscored their opponents in 11 straight games. It’s the longest streak for them since a 15-game streak from 1984-85.
• Arizona’s 16-game losing streak is tied for the longest in the nation.
• Dorian Thompson-Robinson ranks sixth in the nation with a Pac-12 record of 16.03 yards per completion.
• Last week, Greg Dulcich had 9 receptions for 136 yards, the most of his career.
• Kicking off the weekend, Kyle Philips ranks sixth in the nation with six TDs receiving this season.
• Arizona is allowing 9.0 TFL per game, the fourth most in the nation.
• Stanley Berryhill III has caught 33% of Arizona’s passes, the 11th highest percentage in the country.
• Berryhill has 225 yards after the catch this season.
• Arizona has seven NCAA-leading fourth-down conversions this season.
• Arizona has kept its opponents under 400 total yards in three of its four games this season after doing that just once in 17 games in 2019 and 2020.
• UCLA has won 37 straight games overall and 56 straight regular season games in which it has limited the opponent to fewer than 20 points.
• Greg Dulcich is second in the nation among the TEs with 19.56 yards per reception.
California, Colorado, Oregon and Washington
Visit their website at sercstats.com.