Want to learn how to create the best Xingqiu building in Genshin Impact? Gentle and nerdy on the outside and mischievous on the inside, Xingqiu is an incredibly unlikely choice for one of Genshin’s best characters, but somehow he’s near the top of our list. I guess all Xingqius’ reading about heroes must have paid off – despite his 4-star rarity, this Hydro Sword user will definitely dominate in combat as a sub-DPS character when built well.
Worried about the last part? Don’t worry, we have your back. This guide will show you how to create the best Xingqiu building in Genshin Impact. Below, we cover everything you need to know about Xingqiu, including desires, weapons, artifacts, ascension materials, talents, abilities, and constellations.
Best Xingqiu Building: Weapons
You will rely heavily on Xingqius Elemental Skill, which does Sacrificial sword his perfect weapon as it comes with a 40% chance of completing your Skills cooldown. Happy wishes is also a great option that increases energy recharge and increases your skill’s DMG and CRIT rate. At 4-star rarity, these two swords are perfectly accessible options for Xingqiu, but if you want to go the extra mile with an extra spiffy sword, Skyward Blade will also do wonders by increasing the CRIT Rate and giving buffs using your Burst.
Best Xingqiu Building: Artifacts
Like many of Genshin’s sub-DPS warriors, Xingqi’s best artifacts depend on which abilities you use the most. To trust his Elemental Burst, use a 4-piece Emblem of cut off fate sets will increase your energy recharge by 20% and increase your Elemental Burst DMG by 25% of your energy recharge. Otherwise, if you prioritize Xingqius’ basic skills (or use his abilities equally), you’d like to stick to a 2-part Noblesse Oblige and 2 pcs Heart of depth sets – when combined, these two smart sets will leave your Xingqiu with a 20% Elemental Burst DMG and a 15% Hydro DMG Bonus.
For Xingqi’s artifacts, you would like to prioritize Energy Recharge, ATK% and Hydro DMG Bonus stats and sub-stats. Having a good balance between CRIT Rate and CRIT DMG can also help, although your priority should be Energy Recharge.
Best Xingqiu Building: Ascension Materials
To fully ascend Xingqiu, you will need 1 Varunada Lazurite Sliver, 9 Varunada Lazurite Fragments, 9 Varunada Lazurite Chunks, 6 Varunada Lazurite Gems, 46 cleansing hearts, 168 silk flowers, 18 damaged masks, 30 stitches, 30 stitches and 30 stitches.
Varunada Lazurite and Cleansing Hearts can be obtained by defeating Oceanid (other bosses like Hydro Hypostasis also drop Varunada Lazurite, though they will not drop Cleansing Hearts, which are exclusive to Oceanid). Silk flowers can be picked around Liyue, especially in corners of Liyue Harbor. Finally, rising up in Xingqiu will require one to fight with a lot of Hilichurls around Teyvat as these guys will drop masks.
Best Xingqiu Building: Talents
To fully level Xingqius’ talents, collect 9 Teachings of Gold, 63 Guides to Gold, 114 Philosophies of Gold, 18 Damaged Masks, 66 Stained Masks, 93 Teachings of Boreas, 18 Tails of Boreas and 3 Crowns of Insight.
You will have to kill even more Hilichurls for Xingqius’ talents, though the rest of his talent material differs from his ascension material. To get gold books, go to the Taishan Mansion domain on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays. Tails of Boreas can be achieved by defeating Andrius in the Wolf of the North Challenge. Finally, Crowns of Insight can be achieved through time-limited events or by offering offerings to the frost-bearing tree and the sacred sakura.
When choosing which talents to level up, prioritize Xingqius Elemental outbreak first and then his Elementary skill. Xingqius Skill can also borrow impressive buffs that allow you to one-shot bosses, so if you want to show off, think about prioritizing his Skill over his Burst. Either way, you want to keep leveling his Normal attack, as this has a weak base DMG and will not be very useful. Here’s all that Xingqiu has in store:
- Normal attack – Perform up to 5 fast strokes.
- Accused attack – Consumes a certain amount of stamina to trigger 2 quick sword blows.
- Dropping attacks – Jumps from the air to hit the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and handing out the AoE DMG in the event of a collision.
- Elemental Skill: Guhua Sword: Fatal Rainscreen – Xingqiu carries out twin attacks with his sword and trades with Hydro DMG. At the same time, this ability creates the maximum number of rain values that will revolve around your active character. The rain value has the following properties: When a character takes DMG, the rain value splinters, reducing the amount of DMG taken. Increase the character’s resistance to interruption. 20% of Xingqius Hydro DMG bonus will be converted to further DMG reduction for rain values. The maximum amount of further DMG reduction that can be achieved in this way is 24%. The initial maximum number of rain values is 3. Using this ability adds wet status to the character.
- Elemental Burst: Guhua Sword: Raincutter Start Rainbow Bladework and fight using an illusory sword rain while creating the maximum number of rain swords. Rainbow Bladework: Your active character’s normal attacks will trigger consecutive sword rain attacks that give Hydro DMG. Rain value remains at the maximum number throughout the duration of the capability.
- Passive talent 1 – When a rain sword is crushed, or when its duration expires, it regenerates the current character’s HP based on 6% of Xingqius Max HP.
- Passive talent 2 – Xingqiu gets a 20% Hydro DMG bonus.
- Passive talent 3 – When Xingqiu makes character talent materials, he has a 25% chance of reimbursing some of the used craft materials.
Best Xingqiu build: Constellations
If you use Xingqiu mainly for elemental reactions, he will be good at Constellation 0, as he is only there to use the Hydro element. But if you expect him to do harm, we would recommend getting him to at least Constellation 2, which massively buffered his Elemental Burst. Here’s all that Xingqiu’s Constellations has in store:
- Constellation Lv. 1: The scent remained Increases the maximum number of rain values by 1.
- Constellation Lv. 2: Rainbow Upon the Azure Sky – Extends the duration of Guhua Sword: Raincutter by 3s. Reduces Hydro RES for opponents affected by sword rain attacks by 15% for 4 seconds.
- Constellation Lv. 3: Weaver of verse – Increases the level of Guhua Sword: Raincutter by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Constellation Lv. 4: Evil – During the duration of Guhua Sword: Raincutter, the DMG awarded by Guhua Sword: Fatal Rainscreen is increased by 50%.
- Constellation Lv. 5: Embrace of Rain – Increases the level of Guhua Sword: Fatal Rainscreen by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Constellation Lv. 6: Therefore call them my own verses – Activation of 2 of Guhua Sword: The rain mower’s sword rain attack greatly improves the third sword rain attack. By hit, the third sword rain attack also regenerates 3 Energy for Xingqiu.
Best Xingqiu Building: Team Composition
You will probably use Xingqius Hydro powers often, which will allow you to create some issues with Elemental Reactions. Because Cryo and Hydro create the Frozen reaction, which is one of Genshin’s best, Xingqiu is great on a team with Cryo characters such as Eula, Ayaka or his comrade Chongyun – just beware of the fact that Xingqius’ rain sword gives him wet status, which means he will also be susceptible to the Frozen reaction.
Xingqiu is also amazing along with anyone Pyro character like Hu Tao, Klee or Diluc, who will all give the Vaporize reaction by mixing their Pyro attacks with Xingqius Hydro attacks.
How to get Xingqiu in Genshin Impact
Xingqiu is a 4-star character, which means he is available at all times. While he can be earned by wishing on any Genshin Impact banner, your chances will be increased if he joins a 5-star character banner with an increased drop rate. He last appeared on Kokomi’s banner in September, which means he will be going to a repeat in the near future.
As a 4-star character, Xingqiu is part of the rotating Paimon’s Bargains lineup, allowing him to be acquired with Starglitter. Paimon’s Bargains lineup changes monthly, so be sure to check in at the start of each new month if you’re on the hunt for Xingqiu!
If you’re planning on wanting Xingqiu, check out our guide to getting characters to learn the best ways to prepare, or our code list to get some free Primogems!
That’s all the information we have about Xingqiu! Why not check out our grade list to see what other grades are good to wish for?