Toronto Wants To Add Torino’s Belotti Along With Napoli’s Insignia

The January transfer window is almost upon us and, of course, all the gossip about who is moving where is flaring up. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news as we count down to the winter period of 2022.

TOP STORY: Belotti could join Insigne at Toronto FC

Toronto FC has wasted little time trying to make up for a disappointing 13th place finish in Major League Soccer last season, with reports of them preparing a sensational double strike from Serie A.

After it was reported that they made a deal to sign Lorenzo Badge Free transfer next summer, the Reds are now looking for a transfer for Andrea Belottic to join his international teammate, said Gianluca Di Marzio.

Talks have already started about a possible switch for the 28-year-old striker, who, like Insigne, will expire at the end of the Serie A season. The report adds that Toronto is willing to offer a more lucrative contract than what Torino has previously put on the table to hold their talisman.

The Canadian side was among the lowest scorers in the Eastern Conference last season, with just 39 goals in 34 games, but those numbers could soon show a significant improvement, with Belotti’s proven marksmanship evidenced by 56 goalscoring contributions over his last three seasons in the Serie A.

– Preview transfer window: Mbappé, Haaland moving next month?
– FC 100: Messi, Lewandowski are number 1; Premier League dominant
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, FA Cup (US) |
FC Daily

LIVE BLOG

10.48 GMT: Kylian Mbappe has said he will not leave Paris Saint-Germain in the January transfer window and downplays reports linking him with a move to Real Madrid next season.

Sources previously told ESPN that PSG rejected a €200 million offer from Madrid in August, despite Mbappe making it clear that he did not want to renew his contract at the Parc des Princes.

Mbappe, 22, is free to negotiate a departure from Paris in January as he will be a free agent next summer, but said he has no plans to leave the French capital next month.

“I will give everything to win the Champions League, the league and the cup,” Mbappe told CNN. “And to give the fans all the fun, because they deserve it.”

When asked if he planned to move to Madrid in the summer, Mbappe laughed and replied that he “plans to beat Real Madrid in February and March”, when both sides meet in the Champions League.

In October, Mbappe confirmed he had expressed his wish to leave PSG last July and said he did not regret being open about his future.

“I was honest. I gave a feeling, I gave what I have in my heart,” he added. “I’m happy to stay … it’s my city too. I’m French … I want to win everything this season.”

09.53 GMT: Chelsea midfielder Ross Barkley could be loaned to the boys’ club Everton in January, the Daily Telegraph reports.

Barkley, 28, made his professional debut for Everton in 2011 after progressing through the youth ranks, making 150 Premier League appearances for the Toffees before joining Chelsea in 2018 for a transfer fee of £15 million.

However, he has only started one Premier League game under Thomas Tuchel since returning from a loan spell at Aston Villa in the summer.

09.00 GMT: Manchester City will not replace Ferran Torres in the January transfer window and will instead renew their efforts to sign a striker next summer, ESPN sources have told Rob Dawson.

Torres was officially confirmed as a Barcelona player on Tuesday after City accepted a €55 million offer with a further €10 million in extras.

But rather than try to bring in another striker in January, City plan to use the money to boost their bid to sign a striker in the summer.

They are still interested in Harry Kane, while Erling Haaland is also on their list of goals.

Academy graduate Cole Palmer, 19, will play a more prominent role in the second half of the season to make up for Torres’ loss.

PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)

– Napoli are looking for a left-back and have identified two candidates as potential recruits, according to Foot Mercato. The first is Lucas Digne, who has been outside Everton’s base, but the 28-year-old is also on Chelsea’s shortlist. The Serie A club is also excited about Layvin Kurzawa, who could be much easier to sign as he played for Paris Saint-Germain in just nine minutes this season.

Ekrem Konir writes that AC Milan would like to sign Hakim Ziyech on loan. Chelsea are open to letting their 28-year-old attacking midfielder go despite a recent improvement in form, and Serie A is one of the possible destinations in the January transfer window, although it is unclear whether the Blues will push for a commitment to make the move permanent as part of the deal. Ziyech has scored just twice in 17 appearances this season.

– AC Milan is also in the market for central defenders, and Sports Italy reports that they are the last party to compete for Attila Szalai. The 23-year-old centre-back has sparked interest from several clubs in recent months, and Atletico Madrid are also involved in a potential transfer. He has been a fixture for Fenerbahçe this season, starring 25 games.

– A new name has been added to Newcastle United’s shopping list, with reports that the club is targeting the Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos . placeholder image according to the January market Ekrem Konir. The 25-year-old has been in impressive form since joining the Scottish side, and he is the club’s all-time European goalscorer, although a move to St James Park marks the attacker’s first experience in the top-five leagues of the United States. would be Europe.

– Tottenham Hotspur is the newest club to oversee Mattias Svanberg, writes Nicolo Schira. The 22-year-old Bologna star has attracted the attention of several clubs in recent months, with Manchester City rumored to have sent scouts to watch him during a Serie A clash against AS Roma in December. He has contributed to four goals in 14 games this season when he was deployed as a central midfielder.

Fabrizio Romano reports that former MLS star Allvaro Medran is set to join Saudi club Al-Taawoun. The 27-year-old midfielder was a fixture for the Chicago Fire last season, contributing to nine goals in 32 appearances. And despite receiving offers that would see him stay in the MLS, he has decided to continue his career in Saudi Arabia.

Sports Italy write that Antonio Rudiger’s moving to Real Madrid is only “a matter of time”. The 28-year-old centre-back has shown no signs of progress on a new deal with Chelsea, despite the club keen to keep him at Stamford Bridge, and now it looks like he will be the last free agent to go to Santiago. Bernabeu. The report adds that he will receive a salary of €10 million per year.

.

Give a Comment