Travis Scott was partying when he discovered the deaths in Astroworld: reports

  • Travis Scott was at an after party when he learned of the tragedy at Astroworld, TMZ reported.
  • The rapper left immediately after being told what had happened, a source told the outlet.
  • The party was hosted by Drake, who was also unaware of what had happened, TMZ reported.

Travis Scott was partying at Dave & Buster’s in Houston when he found out people had died in the Astroworld crowd crush, according to reports from TMZ and ABC13.

The rapper was unaware at the time that eight people had died and hundreds were injured in the concert, TMZ reports, citing sources nearby. Scott left the party immediately after learning of the deaths, TMZ reported.

“Travis was not aware of the gravity of the situation when he arrived at the party, as for the timing, this remains consistent with no one, including the police, publicly confirming the gravity of the events,” an anonymous source told TMZ .

The exact time Scott left Texas was unclear, but sources told ABC13 it had been Saturday morning for some time.

The party was a pre-planned event hosted by the rapper Drake, who was a surprise guest at the Astroworld Festival and also unaware of what had happened, TMZ reported.

The Sun also reported, citing a source, that the party at Dave & Buster was “subdued.” The newspaper also reported that the source said Scott left after being told the seriousness of the situation.

“Everyone knew that people were dying, but it wasn’t taken so seriously because some thought it was drug deaths, they didn’t know,” said the unnamed source. “But celebrities, they should have just had mercy and canceled everything.”

Drake broke his silence in an Instagram post from Tuesday, writing: “I have spent the past few days trying to wrap my mind around this devastating tragedy‚Ķ My heart is broken for the families and friends of those who have lost their lives and for all who suffer.”

Scott also said he was “absolutely devastated” by what happened and that he was cooperating with authorities, CNN reported.

Concert-goers have filed at least 17 lawsuits alleging that Scott and concert promoter Live Nation were responsible for the deadly influx of people, USA Today reported.

Among them is the family of a 9-year-old boy who is in a coma after falling from his father’s shoulders and being trampled.

Houston Police Department Dave & Buster’s and representatives for Travis Scott did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment on this story.

Leave a Comment