The November WRC 10 patch has arrived on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, Steam PC and Epic Games Store today.
This new free update adds one of the most iconic rallies of the WRC: the Acropolis Rally. With winding and dusty mountain roads, sometimes on cliff sides, the Greek rally is known to be particularly challenging for motorists. When he returned to the official WRC calendar in 2021 after a 7-year absence, it was won by Kalle Rovanperä for his 2nd victory of the season! Already present in WRC 10 since its launch through a historic event, the update brings 3 special phases of the 2021 version to the experience and also joins the game’s career mode.
As an anniversary edition of the championship, WRC 10 already offers a wide range of historical and key events from the championship since 1973. After the 3 historical events added in October, five new events are now available in WRC 10! Famous driver and co-driver duos will compete in their cars of the time:
- Rally Argentina in 1994 with Didier Auriol and Bernard Occelli in their Toyota Celica Turbo 4WD
- Rally Argentina in 2004 with Carlos Sainz and Marc Martí in their Citroen Xsara WRC
- Rally Germany in 2002 with Sébastien Loeb and Daniel Elena in their Citroën Xsara WRC
- Safari Rally in Kenya in 2000 with Richard Burns and Robert Reidin their Subaru Impreza S5 WRC ’99
- Rally Mexico in 2016 with Jari-Matti Latvala and Miikka Anttila in their Volkswagen Polo R WRC
In “Club” mode, which allows players to create their own online events and championships, a realistic mode is now available to add an extra level of difficulty. This mode allows you to transfer the damage caused to the vehicle to the next step, to locate one or more service parks (and to impose a mandatory passage to a service park to equip the car with suitable tires when the road changes between two stages ), and finally the stages are played in one shot and can not be played again.
Here are the WRC 10 patch notes.
All platforms (PC + consoles)
Enjoy the 2021 Rally
New historical events
- Argentina 1994: Didier Auriol / Bernard Occelli – Toyota Celica Turbo 4W
- Argentina 2004: Carlos Sainz / Marc Martí – Citroën Xsara WR
- Germany 2002: Sébastien Loeb / Daniel Elena – Citroën Xsara WR
- Kenya 2000: Richard Burns / Robert Reid – Subaru Impreza WR
- Mexico 2016: Jari-Matti Latvala / Miikka Anttila – Volkswagen Polo
- Solid dirt on vehicles
- Improved car engine sounds for the Porsche 911 & Ford Fiesta Rally 2
- In this condition, vehicle damage is transmitted between the stages
- You can add service parks to the scene to repair your car
- Some service parks are added automatically when you change surfaces, while others can be added manually as desired.
- If your car becomes unfit to continue during the particular stage, you will be disqualified from the current event
- You only have one trial for each special phase
- You can activate a power stage, points will be added directly to the overall rankings and this phase will be the last of the event
- You can impose a camera view (dynamic hunting, fixed hunting, bumper, bonnet, cockpit or dashboard)
- You can apply an Assistance (ABS + TCS, ABS or TCS) while creating an event
- 250 new stickers have been added to the library
- Fixed issues related to saving supplies
- Fixed a crash as it rolled through the recruitable crew members
- Fixed a crash when you started a rally or manufacturer event a few times
- Fixed a crash after being demoted to Junior and completed a manufacturer challenge to sign a new WRC3 contract
- Added option to disable Logitech and Thrustmaster API
- Fixed various FFB-related steering with steering wheel
Xbox consoles only